On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

May 4, 2008

Allow Myself to Introduce...Myself

So here's the much anticipated self-portrait. A much better effort than the previous portraits from this week, and a much more accurate representation of me than I expected to render. This will be the first of many self portraits to come.

It's the classic 3/4 pose and 3 point lighting setup, so I'd like to experiment with different angles and lighting. I also want to loosen up a lot and have a little more fun with the next ones. This one was ridiculously intense, and I am soooo tired now.

This was done live, as in I setup a mirror, which is what the assignment called for. This was probably one of the most daunting aspects of the assignment. It took me a while to get my pencil moving, but once I realized it was just a picture like all the other assignments I was fine. But for anyone that hasn't done a self-portrait before, they are HARD. So I thoroughly recommend giving it a try. I can't wait to do my next one. But for now I need a rest. I did this one over the course of day, but I would guess it took me 3 hours. 18x24, Charcoal.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home