On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

Apr 18, 2008

Upper Arm Study, Lower Leg Feedback

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Well actually, yes I am, I don't like it. I think if I enjoy the process, I enjoy the drawing more. It's been one of those days again, struggling to get things on the paper. I hope I can use this as a warm up for the other two studies this week, which I'll tackle tonight after work.

This week were studying the Biceps, Triceps, Flexors, Extensors, and the Brachioradialis. Personally I think its too much for one week. Not that I can't handle it, I just think we could use more time to study this complex area. But I guess that's what Intermediate Anatomy is for.

Here's some instructor feedback from one of last modules studies on the legs:

Look at the use of straight line relationships to see how drawing an angle from another spot will help you to figure a form out. The foot was obviously too large so I drew angles from areas that looked pretty good and saw that a lot of it had to come off. Line A shows the difference in tone between the area above and that below. See the convex curves coming forward on the inside of the leg from the soleus and gastrocnemius. The box of the pelvis is clear here.
Once again I'm having trouble with angles and finding the form before moving onto blocking in the shading. I tend to move back and forth between steps which I should stop. Instead I should be taking it one step at a time, because I'm clearly rushing myself and running into all sorts of problems at the end.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home