Arm Study, Self Critique
Here's my latest arm study. All the studies from the last few days did warm me up well for this sustained drawing. I think I spent close to 2 hours on this one. Not too bad considering the recommended time was an hour and a half.
I always find it amazing how quickly I spot errors once I've put everything away and pulled it into Photoshop for compression. So lately, in an attempt to see my errors, I'm using exactly that as a tool. I'm pulling it into Photoshop, then going back to the drawing board (pun intended) once I see any major errors. The arms on this one bugged me all the way through. They look so long, but I measured them a few times so I was pretty sure they were the right length.
Well I brought it into Photoshop and overlayed mine over the original, and low and behold I was right. The arms are pretty close to the right length. But the torso, hand, and arm widths are slightly off, which all result in the arms looking like that of an orangutan! I got so preoccupied with these unique arms, I messed up on the basic angle of the back. I'm also pretty surprised how far I was off on the angle of the pole.
Oh well there's always the next drawing. Live and learn!