On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

Mar 29, 2006

Tuesday Night Life Drawing

Well despite my obvious need to draw more, I had a blast! I forgot how a life drawing session makes three hours seem like twenty minutes, it all just flies by.

I spent most of the time trying to get back into the swing of things, applying the little knowledge I had to find the anatomy and proportion. Dropping plum lines, taking angles. I forgot how much fun it was. But since there weren't a lot of poses of more than ten minutes in length, I didn't get to draw too much of the actual body. But rediscovering the human form on paper, in a systematic way (I have a technical mind) was still quite enjoyable, and I look forward to next week.

Here's my ugly drawings from last night. Since I don't have a scanner, you get bad image quality AND bad artistry all in one!



Surprisingly I was able to find the proportion the best in the toughest poses, those with the most foreshortening.





(Honestly people, these are the best from a three hour session!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home