On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

Apr 5, 2006

The Library: You'd Be Surprised!



I forgot to mention this in my last post on life drawing: Another positive that came from getting back into life drawing was that I discovered a new library. The nearest library to my house is quite small and therefore quite lacking in any sort of ephemera that would interest the wannabe animator. So it gave me quite a schock that not only was this library across the street from my life drawing group, but it also had a lot of the books on my "Books to Get" list "In Library".

Scouring the shelves, some of the great books I found include:

Before the Animation Begins
Building a Character
An Actor Prepares
HITCHCOCK
Technique of Film Editing
Bill Peet : An Autobiography
Making Movies
Manwatching
Three Uses of the Knife

To my complete and utter astonishment (sorry for the drama, just finished reading some Mamet) I actually found some old Disney Sketchbooks as well! At my local library...In suburbia...Mind boggling!

Combine all these reasons with the fact that they also carry a huge selection of classic movies and nearly all the old Disney DVDs I don't have, and, call me a nerd, but I know where my new favorite hangout is!

So! Get down to your local library, you'll be surprised what you'll find!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home