On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

Jun 2, 2006

John K and Preston Blair

John K has an incredible blog that's he's recently made even better by posting animation drawing assignments. He's using pages from Preston Blair's infamous book on animation, a book I've had and read, but never really used. That is, until now... I'm a little behind on the assignments, but at least I'm doing them. Here's my attempt at the head construction one. After about six tries I got this close:

It's still not spot on but I learned a hell of a lot doing this assignment and I'm ready to move on and let the next pages of Preson's book further hone my skills, specifically my eye for precision and perspective.

I remember a while ago before John K started posting these assignments he said that Preston Blair's book was all anyone really needs to learn how to draw. I remember reading that and thinking that I should dig out my copy and try a few drawings. Now that I have, I'm hooked and while I can't wait to dig into my Christopher Hart and Tom Bancroft books, this will definately give me a firm foundation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home