On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

Nov 22, 2008

Richard Williams @ Pixar

There's a great mini-interview with Richard Williams at Spline Doctors:

http://splinedoctors.com/2008/11/richard-williams-spline-cast/

This is almost identical to the stuff Richard talked about when he came to Vancouver recently. It's great that it's all online now. I knew it would end up online eventually, as he mentioned he was on his way south to California, where animator's are smarter, and carry recorders with them everywhere :P

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Jones said...

Williams has been very inspirational to me too. Back when I was an animation student in 1996 he came to Cardiff to do a 1 day version of his masterclass. Our professor took along a few of us who were studying 2-D -i think it only cost around 25 pounds for the day. A couple years later I did the 3 day course in London that cost 600 pounds! Then of course it's all in the book! Still there's nothing like hearing the man & his anecdotes in person to get you fired up.
Think you'll invest in the dvd set?

November 22, 2008 8:42 PM

 
Blogger Dan said...

I have a feeling I'll be getting it for Christmas. But if I don't I'll definitely buy it as soon as I can.

I can listen to these old guy drone on for hours. I love the Toon In Podcasts for that very same reason. Even thought I don't know who half of them are, they've been around the business, and have so many stories. I love animation history.

November 22, 2008 8:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home