On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

Aug 21, 2008

Filling the Void with Familiarity

There's been a little absence in posting, as I'm keeping very busy as of late. I'm trying to draw constantly. I'm going to life drawing at least three days a week, and drawing at every possible moment during the day.

It's the only way I think I'll start getting better at this stuff. I'm currently working on a portfolio for my dream school, so drawing has occupied every single nook and cranny of my cranium.

I got rid of my computer to elminate the distraction of the internet, and the amount of time I wasted on it, which could be better devoted to drawing. So for the first time in over 10 years, I don't have a computer. It was weird at first, but now it makes total sense. And I love thinking about drawing drawing drawing, all the time. So posting has become something of a rarity without a computer with which to do it. Scanning, and posting pictures has become even rarer. I've eliminated almost everything in my life that wastes time...So I can draw.

To fill the distance between posting, I thought I might (slowly) resume posting Don Graham's Composing Pictures chapters. I've had requests for this as well as a reposting of the Pixar Interview which jump started this blog's humble popularity spike. I have also decided to post the entire full resolution version of Michael Caine's, Acting in Film. I have had a lot of requests for this, and I figured it's finally time. I know a lot of Animation Mentor students use the crappy YouTube version I posted years back. So it would be nice for them to watch something where the voicetrack is actually in sync.

Anyway, that's just a sampling of things to come, or come again. Give me time, but those will be some of the next posts. Until then...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Jones said...

Hey good luck Dan-great to be disciplined like that-the computer is a terrible distraction. On the other hand one can draw TOO much also-it's good to find a balance. Look forward to seeing some more drawings from you -

September 09, 2008 3:13 AM

 
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks Matt. Your work is always so inspirational ;)

September 20, 2008 2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home