On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

Mar 24, 2008

Horton Hears a Who


Spring Break is officially over. It really went by fast. I can't believe I haven't drawn in a week; I feel so guilty.

I saw Horton Hears a Who this week, and was thoroughly impressed. This has to be the best movie to come out of Blue Sky. I loved the story, style, and especially the animation. Soft and tender moments are great, and Pixar is clearly the master of that, but it's so nice to see some truly zany and zippy animation pulled off well. And this film is full of great snappy animation scenes. These characters must have been so much fun to work with and animate.

It was also a joy to watch the credits roll and recognize a number of names in there. You know who you are, and I'm so proud to know you guys. I can't wait to see this film again. I remember when the story crew came to Vancouver and did a presentation about Robots when they were making that a few years back. The head of story and director of Horton, Jimmy Hayward, was so psyched about Horton, and really built up my anticipation for it. I'm so happy it delivered on every level for me. Jimmy is probably my first influence to getting excited about story in animation, and the reason for me buying a copy of Paper Dreams, and loving every minute of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home