On Animation has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.onanimation.com/weblog
and update your bookmarks.

The journal of an aspiring animation filmmaker. Inspiration, Film Analysis, Animation Art, Student Work, Book Notes, Book Store, Composing Pictures, and much more!

Jul 9, 2005

How did I miss that?

Working on my second reel exercise right now and I've come to a surprising realization. I've never actually animated the placement node on a character. As I think back to all the animation exercises I've done (and try not to cringe as I think how bad they all are) I can't think of a single time where I actually moved the character around in space. I've always animated them on the spot, or just moved them a step or two without animating the placement node. So I guess this is a first, I can't exactly get out of it considering I'm doing a Run and Stop exercise. It's interesting to know I've covered so many things in animation in such a short period of time and still have some really basic things I haven't tackled.

When I'm done this exercise I'll post my animation section. Right now all I have is the walk cycle to show, which wouldn't be very interesting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home